F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Ectopic Pregnancy Forums » Ectopic Pregnancy Forum » how long does methotrexate stay in the body for?
Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Marisa  is currently offline Marisa

May 2010
how long does methotrexate stay in the body for? Tue, 04 May 2010 20:57 Go to next message
Hi,

I am a new user on this site.... I'm glad to have found a site where I could post concerns and to maybe also help other woman with their concerns too.

I found out also @ 6 weeks that I may possibly have an ectopic. They confirmed it today as my hcg levels were going up and the dr. said that normal pregnancies never see a fluctuation of hcg levels...so its mostly likely an ectopic. I had my second ultrasound appt today and again they couldnt see anything in my tubes or anywhere else.. just a bit of fluid in my abdomen. I can honestly say that this has really created alot of stress and anxiety since this is my second miscarriage.

I just wanted to know, will bleeding be something that I should expect as I was just given the methotrexate shot today? I was given the shot on an empty stomach and I felt headachey right away. Right now doing okay but feeling tired.

Does anyone know how long the methotrexate stay in the body for after injection? Does it stay in your system for weeks?
Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
trace  is currently offline trace

December 2008
Re: how long does methotrexate stay in the body for? Tue, 04 May 2010 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marisa:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm attaching a link to the Ectopic Trust where you can find more information about medical questions. I found this site very helpful.

I can't tell you how long it will take for the MTX to be out of your system, but it took about 4 wks for my numbers to get down to 0. I really didn't have many side effects, I was just really tired.

I hope that this helps.
Praying for you.
Ann

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/medical_information/faq.htm
peaches  is currently offline peaches

January 2010
Re: how long does methotrexate stay in the body for? Wed, 05 May 2010 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marisa,

So sorry to hear you have joined the exclusive e/p club that all of us wish we were not a part of! It is just awful. I have had mtx twice for two different e/ps - you can see my details in my profile. It worked perfectly to resolve the e/p in both cases but did make me very tired and sick to my stomach for a few days. Like Ann, it took about 4-6 weeks for my hcg results to come all the way down. I started bleeding about 4 days after getting the shot so you should be prepared for bleeding - mine was fairly heavy - but different women have different responses. My sincerest condolences on your loss. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

-Petra
Marisa  is currently offline Marisa

May 2010
Re: how long does methotrexate stay in the body for? Wed, 05 May 2010 21:54 Go to previous message
Thanks for yours responses.. I guess I will have to prepare myself to bleeding in a few days.

Did you find the bleeding really painful. I had a miscarriage last year but its wasn't an ectopic and so going through that was very painful.. I had the most painful cramps ever!

would I expect to feel that way too with an ectopic? Just wondering as I dont really have a high tolerance for any type of pain.

I still have this huge headache since I had the mtx shots.. Did you find that you had the same?

M
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is it possible to be given mtx shot and hcg levels increase afterwards?
Next Topic:Going in for bloodwork!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 1 18:17:01 EDT 2014
.:: Contact Forum Administrator :: EPF Forum Home Page ::.

Ectopic Pregnancy Foundation Home Page

Copyright 2003-2007 EctopicPregnancyFoundation.org.  All rights reserved.